Chalks and Markers: A Perfect Pair by Gloria Stengel

 

Hello crafters! It's Gloria Stengel with you today. I have a fun technique to share, so drag out your chalks, markers, and embossing folders and let's play!

We won't be needing any printed paper for our project today, but you will need to use white cardstock that is suited for the type of markers you have selected to use. I am using alcohol markers, therefore I have used paper suited for them.
Trim your cardstock to slightly larger than your embossing folder. My folder is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches. I chose the Abbey Road folder from the Sweet Dreams Collection. Since I needed to know where my stamped image should be placed, I slipped the cardstock into the folder and used a pencil to mark the cardstock at the bottom edge of the folder. I used this pencil mark to line up my stamped image.
I stamped my image onto the cardstock and then checked to make sure it lined up with the embossing.
Once you have your image stamped, color the image with your choice of markers. I used alcohol markers. Allow the paper to dry.
Emboss the cardstock, making sure your image was lined up appropriately.
Use Sponge Daubers to lightly rub the raised embossing with chalk. Lightly sponge the background with pale blue chalk to create "sky.".
Trim your stamped and embossed image to approximately 5 1/4 x 4 inches. Mat with red cardstock and then attach to a black card (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches). Stamp a sentiment onto white cardstock, then cut and emboss with Circle Nesting Dies. Cut and emboss a mat from red cardstock using Scallop Circle Nesting Dies. Attach the sentiment to the lower right corner of the card using Foam Mounting Tape. Please note: Couture Creations Nesting Dies cut and emboss with all standard die cutting systems. Use your manufacturer "sandwich" to cut, and then pass the template through again using the embossing "sandwich"! 


Add a a bit of sparkle to the little blue bird's eye with black Glitzin' Glamour glitter glue. Place a red bow in the upper right corner. Line the inside of the card with white cardstock.


Have fun trying this technique! The contrast between the bright markers and the pale chalked embossing is so striking!

Couture Creations Supplies Used:
C0723256 Embossing Folder Abbey Road
C0721977 Glitzin' Glamour Premium Glitter Glue
C0723051 Nesting Dies Circle, Scallop Circle

Couture Creations Tools Used:
Sponge Daubers
Double-sided Tape
Foam Tape
Craft Mat

Other Supplies:
Cardstock
Alcohol markers
Rubber stamps
Dye ink
Chalk
Ribbon


 
 


You May Also Like

9 comments

Popular Posts